I know most people cook for the week on Sundays, but lately I’ve been cooking like crazy on Mondays. But, I’m getting a little ahead of myself.
I started the day off with a green smoothie – my favorite blend recently:
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 banana
- 6-8 ice cubes
It always looks a little too healthy, but tastes wonderful!
Lunch was leftovers from this weekend. Tater Tot Casserole (Peas & Thank You) made with Sweet Potato Waffle Fries instead of Tater Tots. We had this for dinner on Friday, lunch on Sunday, and lunch today – I am a big fan of leftovers. :)
Let the Cooking Spree begin!
Tonight after work was where the crazy cooking began. Most of the dishes were Mexican, so Kirk made us homemade Margaritas to set the mood:
I had several dishes going at a time, but here’s what we ended up with:
- Nacho Mmmm Sauce from Peas & Thank You
- Creamy Basil Hummus from Daily Garnish
- Freezer Burritos w/Black Beans, Pinto Beans, & Chickpeas from Shutterbean
- Pressed & marinated tofu in preparation for Wednesday’s lunch (to make tomorrow)