Disclosure: The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of PUMA. As always, all opinions are my own!
I love the gym! I know that’s probably an obvious statement, but it’s also true. It’s funny that it’s not a place I spent an extended amount of time until earlier this year, but now I spend hours there. And I wouldn’t have it any other way! =)
Since I spend so much time there, it’s great to have gear that I feel good in. I had seen some of the Puma footwear & apparel on some of my FitFluential friends over the past few weeks, so I was thrilled to get the chance to try some for myself.
Let’s start from the top to the bottom.
On the top, an extra flowy tank with a subtle striped pattern. The top is a bit bigger than what I usually choose, but it’s extremely comfortable and flattering to wear.
Next is my favorite piece – the capris! From their compression line, these next to skin layers are designed to work with your body’s natural systems to help you to enhance and maximize your performance during and after exercise. They aren’t nearly as tight as what I’m used to for compression wear, but they look amazing! I would describe them as a mix between tights and your typical workout capris.
On the bottom are the FormLite XT Ultra Wn’s – the lightest & most flexible shoes I own! They are made of lightweight, injected eva with rubber pods for superior cushioning, comfort and stability. I got mine in my normal running shoe size (1 size larger than my street shoes), but I would recommend just a half size larger for these.
As light as they are I wouldn’t recommend these for running (I like a bit more support), but I have really enjoyed them for my strength workouts and low-impact cardio (like the elliptical). They were also great for my day of errands & cooking on Sunday!
Chest & Triceps Workout
And now I’ve got a fun workout so you can join me in the gym! I created this one on Sunday morning for Kirk and now I’m sharing it with you. This workout hits the chest & tricep muscles from all angles, has variety to keep it fun, and is going to make you sweat!
A few definitions for the workout:
- Superset: One exercise performed right after the other, with no rest in between them.
- Dropset: Weight decreased in a group of reps – the weight goes down as the reps go up. Start with a weight that causes fatigue in the first reps. For example: 15 pounds for 8 reps, followed by 12 pounds for 10 reps, and 10 pounds for 12 reps. Repeat the group for the prescribed number of sets.
- Run the Rack: Weight decreased in a group of reps – the weight goes down 6 times with the reps remaining constant. Start with a weight that causes fatigue in the first reps. For example: 15 pounds for 6 reps, followed by 12 pounds for 6 reps, followed by 10 pounds for 6 reps, followed by 8 pounds for 6 reps, followed by 5 pounds for 6 reps, and 3 pounds for 6 reps. Repeat the group for the prescribed number of sets.
And a few video demonstrations for the exercises:
If you try this workout, make sure you tag me and let me know! I’d love to hear what you think and how you feel the next day. :)
Questions for you:
- Is the gym fun for you or a necessity? Fun for me!
- Do you like LOUD pants? You know I do!
- What has been your chosen cardio recently? Running & Elliptical are really close right now.