Whenever I get into a new sport or hobby, I learn about a whole new world. There’s new tools & gadgets that can make your life easier that you may not have thought about before. Since I know some of you are still learning about the competition world (like I am!), I’m sharing a few of the tools that I’ve found very helpful so far!
5 Fitness Tools
1. JEFIT Strength Training App: In case you haven’t seen me rave about this before, it’s a strength training app (works on Android & iPhone) that I use in the gym every workout. When my trainer gives me a new workout, I enter it into JEFIT using the website. Then I just start that workout routine when I’m in the gym each day & log my weights and reps as I go.
You set your own rest intervals (you can set your phone to vibrate and/or beep when your rest is up) and superset combinations. I could go on and on, but you can read the full review I wrote in April for all the details.
2. Gymboss Interval Timer: This is a new addition to the list, but I’m really loving it and it’s been going everywhere with me. The folks at Gymboss offered me one to try for myself and it’s been perfect for my non-running cardio workout.
Disclosure: I was provided a Gymboss to try with no expectation of a positive review. As always, all opinions are my own.
My current cardio workouts are all intervals (2 minutes easy, 1 minute fast) and I am terrible at math in my head. This makes it easy since I set up the intervals and just set it on the cardio machine I’m using. It shows me how many intervals are left & counts down the easy & hard intervals. When it’s time to switch, it beeps. Simple & easy to use.
3. Water Your Body App: On my current nutrition plan, I have to drink 1.25 gallons (160 ounces) of water every day. That’s a lot of water and hard to keep track of! I also like that it reminds me to drink throughout the day.
I’ve been using this throughout the day every day – it’s awesome. I feel like I accomplished something every time I tap the page to add the next bottle. And it takes about 2 seconds! And it’s FREE on Android!
4. GPS Watch: This might seem like a strange addition to my list, but cardio is a big part of my workouts right now! Most days that I’m training, I am running for one of my cardio workouts – although the distance is relatively short compared to my endurance training days. I’m still a data geek and having the time, distance, and vibrating prompts for intervals is VERY helpful for my runs outside. I have always used Garmin and love my current Garmin Forerunner 310xt.
5. Headphones: This last one is basic, but man does it stink if I forget headphones for a workout! I can do without for strength training, but for cardio I like to listen to an audiobook, music, or watch a video (if I’m on a machine)! I don’t have a favorite pair honestly, so I just use a set that came free with my Samsung G3 Phone. Do you have a favorite pair of headphones you love?
MixYourOwn Giveaway Winner
It’s time to announce the final giveaway winner from last week – this time for the 1 gallon bag of MixYourOwn Breakfast Cereal.
Since I know many of you really wanted to try this, I’m excited to share that you can save 20% off every order with the code “HEALTHYBREAKFAST” through the end of September.
You can also sign up for their newsletter, where they are sharing special offers and discounts! I signed up last night!
Questions for you:
What Fitness Tools would you add to the list?
What headphones would your recommend?