This weekend we went to Colorado for a packed weekend of house-hunting and fun! We have a short period of time to make a lot of decisions, so this 3-day weekend was helpful!!
While many people were relaxing on the lake this weekend, we were house-hunting in the suburbs of Denver:
Just a couple of shots from several different houses that we saw this weekend. I don’t think any of them are “the one” yet. We made great progress in getting familiar with the area and learning what we are looking for though – which was great! Have you ever made a checklist of what you want in a house? Ours is getting quite long:
- Awesome kitchen with solid surface countertops, gas stove, pantry, lots of cabinets & light
- Open floor plan
- 2-story open entryway & family room
- Fireplace (even though we won’t be able to have real wood fires in the indoor fireplace)
- Good-sized Master Suite
- Laundry Room (not a closet, which we currently have)
- Basement (finished or unfinished)
- Large master bath with shower & bathtub with granite countertops
- Solid wood fence (another harder than you’d think – lots of split rail fence covenants in Denver)
- “Large” lot (large is a very relative term in the Denver area)
I could probably go on, but that is probably enough. :) We have a lot to accomplish in a very short period of time, but I’m trying to focus on the small steps that we’re making in the right direction. We think we want to live the Highlands Ranch area, but we’ll see!
We spent a good chunk of each day in house-hunting mode, but we still had plenty of time for fun! Our real estate agent recommended a stopover at Red Rocks Amphitheater on our way to our cabin in Evergreen. Man, oh, man – I’m so glad we went here!! Anywhere you literally drive through a mountain is AWESOME in my book!
This place is incredible and I can’t wait to see a show here at some point! Just to give you a frame of reference to the scale of these rocks, here’s Kirk standing pretty far in front of one side:
And then you can barely see me in front of this massive rock!
And this post is already starting to get pretty long – so I should probably stop before we get to the awesome cabin we stayed at in Evergreen and our delicious dinner.
Questions for you:
What are the top 5 things you want in your next house?
The last time you moved – what was one thing you wish you did differently?
What was the best part of the last weekend for you?