After a week of forced awesome laziness to rest and recover from the New Orleans Marathon, I was SOOOOO excited to get back to training! After a little scare on Saturday with my foot hurting as soon as I put on my running shoes, I switched shoes on Sunday and went for a short run!! I also hopped on the bike for a very short bike while Kirk was finishing his bike workout.
Isn’t it funny how you can want to be lazy, until you HAVE to be lazy? =)
So this week, I’m really excited about getting back into a workout routine AND adding strength training back into my schedule! I backed off strength training after my bout of overtraining before the 50K, then I was tapering, then I was recovering, then I was tapering again, and last week I recovered. All of a sudden, 7 weeks without strength training had come and gone.
Well no more!! Before the marathon, I signed up for Tina’s Bootcamp!
Now you know I don’t do the gym right now, so I tweaked Tina’s AWESOME workout to incorporate the TRX instead of weights and the bosu ball. I’d actually love a bosu ball – but those things are apparently expensive! I don’t think I would use it enough to justify that expense.
So what does this week’s workout schedule look like?
- Monday – Bootcamp Strength + Yoga
- Tuesday – Bike (0:30)
- Wednesday – Run (6 miles) + Bootcamp Strength
- Thursday -Bike (0:30) + Yoga
- Friday – Bootcamp Strength + Bike (1:00)
- Saturday – Running the Rocks 10K
- Sunday – Publix Half Marathon
If you’ll be at the Publix Half Marathon this weekend, look for me in my first ever running “costume” – I ordered this awesome rainbow-color tutu for the occasion! And I’ll be wearing more clothing than this model, don’t you worry. :)
Questions for you:
- Have you ever run a race in a costume?
- Any other (easy) suggestions to add to the tutu “costume”? I rarely run races for fun and want to take full advantage!!
- How is your training going? I really want to hear about it!!