I love getting mail – don’t you? How about when the package comes with a cute card AND is decorated with notes and stickers?
Yea, that’s what I thought too – super exciting!! This was the box I received from my first month of Foodie Penpals (more info at the bottom of the post). My box of goodies was packed with care by Linz of ItzLinz.com. Look at all the goodies I got to enjoy!
That’s a lot of stuff in a little box – it was packed tightly full and topped with recipe suggestions for the tea & salsa verde. I thought that was such a thoughtful touch, she really knows how to put together a box of treats!
Let’s take a closer look inside the box:
Wasabi Seaweed Snacks (I love roasted seaweed – remember SeaSnax?), Salsa Verde, and Biscoff Spread. The seaweed snacks were quickly devoured and we’ve used the salsa on a few meals over the past few weeks. The Biscoff Spread I was MOST excited about. I remember hearing about this and knowing that Biscoff Cookies were vegan, I confirmed that the spread followed suit. YUM!! This stuff is seriously awesome and really does taste like Biscoff cookies.
Next up: Boysenberry fruit leather, Cookie Sleigh Ride tea, and mango chews. The fruit leather was delicious, haven’t had one of those since high school and it was good! I already have had offers to purchase my tea, but I’m holding on to that one. I haven’t tasted it yet, but plan on using that Mama Pea recipe that Linz included in the box for the first taste. The mango chews are also still to be consumed, but I’m thinking they need to come with me to work.
And finally, dark chocolate and peanut butter – can you believe I haven’t had this before either? Two of my favorite flavors, but with these small packages, I’m saving them until I decide on the perfect use. Any suggestions?
Check out the goodies I sent to Lori of Fit N Healthy Mama this month.
And now it’s time for some details about Foodie Penpals. Here’s what the program is all about:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
If you’re interested in participating for March, please send an email to Lindsay at [email protected] and include the following information:
-Your full name
-Your email address
-Your blog name/address
-Your twitter handle (if applicable)
-WHETHER YOU ARE A US RESIDENT OR CANADIAN RESIDENT. – this is SUPER important so you get on the right list!
You must submit your information by March 4th as pairings will be emailed on March 5th!
***PLEASE NOTE: if you send an email, you WILL GET A RESPONSE within 48 hours. If you don”t…please re-send your email or contact Lindsay via Twitter (@LeanGrnBeanBlog). Last month we had a few emails get lost as spam so we’re trying to avoid that!
- Did you participate in Foodie PenPals this month? What was your favorite treat in your box?
- How should I enjoy those packets of dark chocolate peanut butter?
- Do you think it’s a little weird that getting a box of food from a stranger is okay? ;)